This article applies to fresh graduates of engineering, science and other streams as well. It is a fact that we have a large number of students graduating from the many engineering and science colleges every year. It is also a fact that many students are recruited on campus by recruiters and start working immediately after graduation. There are a large number of fresh graduates who want jobs and earn money but are not able to do so.
Why unemployed ?
1. Can it be blamed on not scoring enough in your academic grades?
2. Can it be blamed on not able to crack that interview/test of the recruiting company on your campus?
3. Can it be blamed on not having enough practical knowledge in the field?
4. Can it be blamed on not making great efforts to gain knowledge and subsequently employment?
5. Can it be blamed on pursuit of big company jobs and zero focus on other opportunities?
6. Can it be blamed on the concept “Nobody gives job to a fresher”?
7. Can it be blamed on parents?
8. Can it be blamed on our tendency of using “influence” to get a job?
Can it be blamed on all of above?
Let’s look at this situation with the aim to resolve it.
In general students can be classified in 3 types:
Student type 1:
Keen, interested in studies, fast learner, good in academics
Most parents want their children to become doctors, engineers, double graduates etc. Many parents are ready to pay exorbitant fees at reputed colleges to achieve this. If the student is in synchronization with the parent’s vision then it works positively. Moreover, if the student is interested in the subject, all the more good. The student graduates and if everything goes well, gets a job and settles down in life.
Student type 2:
Less keen, not interested in studies, slow learner, poor in academics
If the student in not in synchronization with parents vision then many negatives can occur. Less interest in studies, less attendance in college etc., leads to poor academic performance. This spirals into situations where the student looses interest in the studies and becomes a laggard. Parent’s pressure and peer pressure force such students to complete the graduation with poor academic grades.
There are many examples where students have opted for a different field all together after doing graduation due to dislike of their course/stream.
Student type 3:
Keen, average interest in studies, average in academics
There is this third type of student who studies, but is clearly the average type of student. These types of students are in the class just to get that exclusive degree. They are keen to get a job, post securing a good degree. They feel that once they get the degree, they would get good jobs. Though this is true, these students do not live up to the expectations of the course. These students tend to score averagely in academics and complete the graduation with average scores. These students are most likely to remain unemployed for longer duration.
What do unemployed fresh graduates do?
Besides looking for a job, unemployed fresh graduates also tend to do some courses that can enhance their educational qualification. Many join a post graduate course in their stream to study further with the hope that the post graduation will get them the desired job.
There are many who get swayed by positive reviews about a PG course and join the course only to find that it’s tough, it’s not what they want. Such students just complete the course with poor academic grades or leave the course midway. This is completely undesirable.
There are other situations where the PG course itself is not conducted properly and students are cheated in the name of certification. That is a different matter for separate discussion.
Students need to make more efforts to do a PG course. If you do not make 100% efforts, chances are that you will not feel interested in doing the course itself. This is happening with a lot of fresh graduates in our country.
If this is your mindset then it is high time!!!
You need to re-invent yourself. Go back to basics.
Swami Vivekananda says “People say believe in this, believe in that, but I say believe in yourself. Let it be known that you have all the power”.
Unemployment problem resolution:
1. An unemployed fresh graduate should analyze what interests him/her.
2. Do not fall prey to course advertisements promising great jobs, great careers and positive reviews.
3. Do not join a course because your friend is also joining.
4. First check the course content. Ask yourself “Is this what I really want “? If the answer is yes go ahead and learn.
5. Give your 100% while doing the course.
Remember “lasting success is possible only when you can discipline yourself to work hard for a long long time”.
It is said that "Persistence is self discipline in action!"
Due to Self Discipline
1. You become stronger and more resolute.
2. You develop greater self control and determination.
3. You develop high self esteem, self respect and personal pride.
Discipline yourself !!!
Revered Spiritual Leader Sri Sri Ravishankar says:
“Success is an attitude, it is not a phenomenon. When you agree to be bogged down, that is a sign of failure. Resist getting bogged down. You turn a lit candle upside down, the flame always goes up, it never goes down. In the same way, if we can have the enthusiasm to say, ‘I can make it’, that is what I consider a sign of success”.
Get the message?
Get going guys !!!
Copyright © 3S Technologies
Best viewed in Internet Explorer ver. 9.0 - 1024 X 768 resolution.
UNEMPLOYED FRESH GRADUATES
Online Education for all